Sunday, November 13, 2011

Simply Sweet Dessert Table

Let's face it. I'm a Mother of an almost two-year old boy which means I am constantly deprived of the color pink and the certain sweetness that comes from a little girl. In honor of a dear friend who is having a baby girl, I created this Simply Sweet Dessert Table for the International Sweet Table Competition. After finding this darling vintage table with distressed pink paint, I decided to take a minimalist approach, keeping things simple & sweet. I wanted to create a table that could be duplicated on a dime and yet portray the sweetness of a little girl.

I sprinkled some old-fashioned donut holes with fairy dust (powdered sugar) along with a homemade pink lemonade-bundt cake.  Bundt cakes are great alternatives to expensive multi-tiered cakes.
 Lemon cupcakes are topped with a pink buttercream frosting and a dollop of whipped cream. The darling individual stands are by The Papered Nest & I am so thrilled to add them to my other fun party trinkets. The last sweet dessert is a group of vanilla cream canolli. I couldn't resist throwing in a little Sicilian flare, a tribute to my Grandma.

Treat everyday like it's your birthday,

1 comment:

  1. Super cute Rachel! :) I'll put a post on my allergy blog for you (and our family one too). Hopefully you'll get some more people. :) Good luck! :) Hope you guys are well!

    ReplyDelete